Sunday, March 2, 2008

TA DA!!





Bet you've all been wondering what I've been working on - then again, maybe you haven't - but I've been busy sewing up a storm. Back in early February I swapped out a ton of nine patch blocks from a swap on the Jo Morton list. I was trying to figure out what I would do with my blocks. I counted them - there were 75 3" finished nine patches. What to do? Then one evening I was browsing through one of Kim Diehl's books, Simple Traditions. (I love Kim's books - check them out if you've never seen them!!) Her Garden Patch pattern caught my eye - it uses nine patches, and I thought it would be easy enough to alter the pattern to use my size of nine patches. Well, serendipity, it uses 3" finished nine patches. Yahoo!! So I started counting how many I would need. Serendipity again - it uses exactly 75 nine patches, which was how many I had (Of course, I have since learned that I can't count and have 77 nine patches, but I will use the two extras on the label on the back.) So here's a couple pictures of the completed center of the quilt - now I need to add the inner border, and then start on the applique border. I'm just so happy with how this quilt is turning out - and I'm using all Jo Morton's fabrics, so they just all blend so wonderfully!!
Well, I need to go - hope you enjoy seeing what I've been up to!
Cheers!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Leslie said...

Very cool! I love it!

Leslie