Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm so good it's scary!


I really can't believe this, but I've actually finished three (yeah, count 'em, three!!) projects this week. I've already shared my two little valentine's projects with you, so here's a picture of the newest finish - a cute little table topper. I was in a birthday block swap on the Kansas Troubles Quilt Addicts list last year. The birthday girls got to pick their colors, but it was maker's choice for the blocks. So I've got all these beautiful red, green and tan blocks here. Now, I'm not a real fan of sampler quilts, so I decided to do something different with the blocks. The block that happened to be on the top of the pile was staring at me yesterday, willing me to do something with it. I decided it would make a fabulous center for a cute table topper. The blocks I used around the corners were leftovers from another project and just happened to be 4" finished, which worked perfectly with my 12" finished block. Now all I had to come up with were the center blocks, which I decided would be perfect with flying geese. So all I had to make were the flying geese units, then sew it all together and some quick quilting in the ditch. Put on a red binding and Voila!! done!! Start to finish - less than one day. I may donate this to an auction on Saturday night for our local beef producers, but then again I may not - I'm becoming quite attached to it already. Maybe I'll have to make something out of another block (or two or three) - stay tuned LOL!!
Have a great day - mine will be filled with bookwork, errands, and hopefully some sewing later today.

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love the colors in your topper. I need to make a pieced topper for one of my tables. Love seeing other's work.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...now I see yours! Great quilts you share!!

QuiltedSimple said...

what a pretty table topper!
Kris